Monday, March 30, 2009


BARBIE IN THE MOVIES


The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
Barbie as Galadriel and Ken as Legolas.

I'm sure one of Barbie's favorite rolls was playing the part of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.  Barbie wearing her famous flower girl costume.  Then we have Barbie playing the part as Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With the Wind.  Rhett Butler has convinced the newly widowed Scarlett O'Hara to marry a "man" this time, promising her a big diamond and lavish honeymoon in New Orleans.  Then, one of the most treasured stories of young love, Romeo and Juliet.  "But soft!  What light through yonder window breaks?  It is the East, and Juliet is the Sun!" (William Shakespeare, Romeo & Juliet, act II, scene II.)  The two young lovers from opposing families meet, fall in love, and die needlessly.  A tragic tale of love and romance that will live forever.

2 comments:

  1. Cute Barbies. But, I like the pictures of your birthday best - whoever took them got some cute shots. :) Hope you had a wonderful birthday. You are the best Mom ever. :):):)Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mom, we love the Barbie's, but honestly - I think it's time for an update!!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete

     As I look back on the past year, I am extremely  grateful for our blessings.   Dispite the confusion and state of our country, I have thought about all the little miracles that are happening all around us, and with extended family. I continue to believe in a Heavenly Father who loves us, and hears and answers prayers.  
    I want to thank my family for all the joy they bring into our home.  For my grandchildren who are my angels that brighten my day when I think I'm falling off my rocker!     This family picture makes me laugh.  How often do we laugh out loud or just make a fool of ourselves?  Not often enough!  I have an incredible husband, that when life does a U-turn on him, he still plugs along with a positive attitude and with greater determination to press forward.   
     I love the Temple, and the peace and comfort we receive, and the blessings that have come to us for just striving to do the right stuff.  And referring  to the picture again,  apparently Ryan took a potty break, or just trying to get the attention he obviously needs.   :)
     Thanks to all who have made me laugh, and have helped strengthened some of my weaknesses this past year.  Hoping the new year will bring you comfort and JOY!