Friday, January 9, 2009



I found a more recent picture of Richard and KaraLyn. I thought it might be fun to see a "now" and "then" comparison. I think I'm having too much fun with this blogging thing. Most of you know that Richard and KaraLyn play in the community orchestra.
On March 4th, at 7:30, at the Rexburg Tabernacle, they are having another concert. Richard is the featured soloist, and will be playing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto (3 movements) that evening. It's really long, so if you think you are going to fall asleep, please bring any snacks, caffeine drinks, toothpicks, whatever works. It would be especially good for your older children to attend. I'll bring my supply of certs. We would really like all of you to come if you can, so please put this on your calendar now. You will need to be there at least 1/2 hour before it starts. It's hard to save seats because there are many senior citizens that come (I guess that includes me) and they come early, with their chair pads and all. Love you! mom & grandma dixie

5 comments:

  1. What would we do without all those great senior citizens? Wow Mom! I am doing good to invite people the day of! I wish I was more on the ball like you! Thanks for letting everyone know. Richard has practiced many many hours. It will be wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS It looks like we need an updated photo! Aaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogs! So glad you found mine. I'm hoping to come to the reunion this year. I just ran a marathon in November, so I'm marathoned out for a bit...but I'm planning on running the half. I'm hoping to go to SL and then drive up with my mom and Richard. We'll see...is there a place for me and a 2 year old to sleep up there??? Not sure we could afford plane tickets AND a hotel. :)

    ...maren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And I'm hoping to have grandpa's book done...if not the real thing, then a nearly-finished prototype. is there anyway you could scan the pictures you had on the table at his funeral and send them to me?

    marejl (at) gamil (dot) com

    thanks!

    ...maren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder about the concert. I'll make a note to get a babysitter for Abram so I can go and enjoy the music, instead of worry about distracting Abram so everyone else can enjoy the music. We will come early as well, with our chair pads (Lance added that we'll have to find some and then take the time to break them in - he thinks two months should be plenty of time). Love ya and your blog.

    ReplyDelete

     As I look back on the past year, I am extremely  grateful for our blessings.   Dispite the confusion and state of our country, I have thought about all the little miracles that are happening all around us, and with extended family. I continue to believe in a Heavenly Father who loves us, and hears and answers prayers.  
    I want to thank my family for all the joy they bring into our home.  For my grandchildren who are my angels that brighten my day when I think I'm falling off my rocker!     This family picture makes me laugh.  How often do we laugh out loud or just make a fool of ourselves?  Not often enough!  I have an incredible husband, that when life does a U-turn on him, he still plugs along with a positive attitude and with greater determination to press forward.   
     I love the Temple, and the peace and comfort we receive, and the blessings that have come to us for just striving to do the right stuff.  And referring  to the picture again,  apparently Ryan took a potty break, or just trying to get the attention he obviously needs.   :)
     Thanks to all who have made me laugh, and have helped strengthened some of my weaknesses this past year.  Hoping the new year will bring you comfort and JOY!